Footprints


31 October 2009

Happy Halloween 2009!

Halloween night was a great time again this year---we ventured over to Deanna and Jodi's neighborhood in Mansfield for trick or treating and Andrew's annual Halloween camp out. The camp out ended up inside because of some rather frigid temperatures(at least in my terms)...it got down to like 50 degrees or so, maybe even 49!!
The kids camped in tents in the garage, so they had a great night. The adventure through the neighborhood proved fruitful...this was evident by Landrie's labored and hunched little walk as the evening went on.

This first pic is toward the end when I made her get into the wagon---as you can see I had an angry gnome on my hands!!

A little earlier the Landrie gnome was much happier:)



Here come the children after getting more candy...


Yes, the pictures are way out of order...this was just prior to heading out...we got all five kids on the couch for a group photo. Jenna, Kylie, Ian, Andrew and Landrie.


That way to my garden said the little girl gnome...no, not really...she was pointing at this giant spider that would drop down on or near your head when it heard a loud noise nearby. Landrie would say, "Spider scares me!"





It was a much cooler Halloween than last year, but a great night for trick or treating. It was a nice night to spend with some scary friends! :)

2 comments:

The Studers said...

I cannot believe you call 50 degrees frigid, you Texan sissies! :) That's what the temperature was on Halloween here, and we were like "Party! No one has to wear their coats!"

Love the girls costumes -- I've said it before, but I think Kylie and Ellie would be some serious trouble together if they lived close enough to be friends! Love the gnome costume, too -- I wanted the boys to be gnomes, but they wouldn't keep the hat/beard combo on!

Ryan and Kristi said...

I agree with Carrie. 50 degrees? Your a TEXAN SISSY! I really think I might have to take Kylie's lead and be a gnome next year!! That costume is AWESOME!! Looks like you guys had a great time.

I also watched the slide show and think instead of calling it a Jumparoo they should call it a Sleeparoo!